"Good evening, I have cancer," comedian Tig Notaro famously announced in 2012 during a set at a comedy club in Los Angeles. "Everyone having a good time? I have cancer." In just 30 minutes, Notaro revealed her grave prognosis with a disarming mixture of humor and vulnerability. Almost overnight, the set became a media sensation and critical smash and helped push the beloved comedian past a series of devastating setbacks. Having just recovered from a life-threatening infection and still in mourning over her mother's sudden passing, Notaro's subsequent discovery of bilateral breast cancer left her no choice but to turn profound pain into an ongoing punch line, both on and off the stage. The result is a poignant and playful window into a comedian's process turning her worst fears and anxieties into pure comic gold. Produced by Beachside Films. Co-directed and produced by Ashley York.
* Tig is an Official Section of the 2015 Sundance Film Festival.
* Rolling Stone says Tig is one of the 25 Must-See Movies at Sundance.
* The Huffington Post says Tig is a Must-See Documentary at Sundance.
* The Telegraph includes Tig in its best of line-up.
* 2015 Sundance Docs in Focus: Tig
* Indiewire's Meet the 2015 Sundance Filmmakers #80: Kristina Goolsby and Ashley York's 'Tig' Follows Comedian Tig Notaro
* Indiewire's Sundance Women Directors: Meet Kristina Goolsby and Ashley York - 'Tig'
* LA Times: After tragedy, Tig Notaro finds love in new documentary
* Salt Lake City Tribune: Stand-up comedian Tig Notaro continues to laugh at cancer in new Sundance documentary
* Tig Notaro Tells Her Unlikely Survival Story in Moving Doc 'Tig'
* 'Tig' is a Heartbreaking Look at Staggering Comedy
* Hollywood Reporter: A stirring documentary on comedian/survivor Tig Notaro
* Kentucky Kernel: UK grad's film hits Sundance
* Tig Notaro Doc to Open 2015 Hot Docs Festival
* Real Screen: Hot Docs ’15: Tig Notaro talks turbulence and triumph
* Movie Pie
* Variety: Tig Notaro Documentary 'Tig' to Open Outfest
* Variety: Netflix to Debut Documentary 'Tig'
* LA Times: Comic Tig Notaro
* After Ellen
* New York Times: Tig Recalls a Time of Uncomfortable Laughs
* Los Angeles Times: A Hero for Our Time
* AV Club: Tig Notaro is a Feel Good Documentary
* Yahoo: Tig: A Cancer Story, A Love Story, A Baby Story
* Washington Post: Tig Notaro New Documentary is a Gorgeous Love Letter to her Mother
* NY Post: Tig Notaro on finding Comedy in Cancer
* GQ: The Seven Stages of Tig Notaro's Grief
* AV Club: Tig Notaro on Romance, Topless Comedy, and Her New Netflix Doc
* Vogue: Tig is an Intimate Look at Life and Laughter After Cancer
* Slate: The Worst, Best Year in Tig Notaro's Life
* Flood Magazine: Tig
* University of Kentucky Alumni Profile
* Lexington Herald Leader: Kentucky filmmaker documents Tig Notaro's crisis and comedy
* Q&A with WCA's Ashley York, Producer of "Tig"
* Washington Post: Tig is "one of the most romantic movies of the year"
* Film fest in Istanbul looks at lives of artistic icons
* Tig nominated for a GLAAD Media Award
* Huffington Post: 28 Documentaries to Watch
* Buzzfeed: 32 Mindblowing Documentaries on Netflix
* Variety: 10 Documakers to Watch